- Shared Use of Extractives Infrastructure and Resource Corridors
- Sharing Energy
- Framework for Implementation
Framework for Implementation
At a Glance
- The Framework to Approach Shared Use of Mining-Related Infrastructure explains the necessary conditions for specific types of shared power arrangements; it is outlined using a series of questions that regulators can use for assessment.
- Depending on which type of shared power arrangement is being considered, the relevant regulator must have a minimum level of capacity.
- State-owned utilities involved in any shared power arrangement with an extractive industry project need to be reliable and in good financial health.
Proposing and implementing programs to achieve shared power infrastructure is a complex undertaking even in advanced countries. There are several preconditions required for each type of shared power arrangement. A Framework to Approach Shared Use of Mining-Related Infrastructure explains the necessary conditions for specific types of shared power arrangements.